Welcome to Red Whale Swim School - BELLEVUE!
We are very pleased that you are joining our school.
Please take note of all this important information to ensure that swimming lessons run smoothly for you, your child and us!
To find out about lesson dates and times, please visit your family portal: https://red-whale.ud.io/account/login
At what time is your lesson ?
The schedule of the lesson can be seen at any time within your family portal. Do log in: https://red-whale.ud.io/account/login
BELLEVUE - chemin des limites 1B, 1293 Bellevue - next to Espace Santé. There are about 70 available parking space free of charge.
More info about the Bellevue pool can be found here
1. PERPETUAL SYSTEM AT BELLEVUE
Once registered at our swimming pool in Bellevue - Geneva, you are registered until you decide to cancel. An invoice is issued on the 15th of each month for the following month. Should you like to cancel, you need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than on the 13th of the previous month. If you cancel, your spot is no longer guaranteed.
2. WE WORK DURING THE HOLIDAYS
We only have 5 weeks of breaks during the year. This means that you have lessons during the school holidays. Our five weeks off are: 2 weeks at Christmas/New Year, Easter and one week in August. The teaching calendar is available on our website here.
This means that if you are away during school holidays, you lose your lesson.
3. ABSENCE - SICKNESS
Lessons missed for any reason, even if justified by a medical certificate, are neither reimbursed, changed or replaced. There are no exceptions.
Prolonged absence justified by a medical certificate
In case of an accident, justified by a medical certificate and announced immediately, which cancels your participation to lessons for a prolonged time, we will cancel your subscription and credit the lessons you have already paid. However, your spot will not be held and there is no guarantee that the same lesson will be available when you re-enroll.
4. MOVING CLASSES
Once we have started the lessons, you cannot move classes within the paid month. However, before the 15th of the month, you can email us to email@example.com and request a change. If we have a free spot in the right level, this will then be possible for the following month.
5. Covid-19 Rules
Currently the Swiss Conseil Fédéral does not require a covid certificate to enter our facilities. However, should rules change, it will compulsory to follow these rules. Not complying to these rules will mean you cannot enter our facilities. If the government changes the requirements for entry to public spaces again, we will implement these new measures. There are no refunds or make-up classes if you cannot comply with the new regulations.
Masks are not compulsory in our facilities anymore either. However, should rules change, you will need to follow these new rules. There are no refunds or make-up courses if you cannot comply with the new regulations.
6. What to bring to the swimming lesson?
- ALL swimmers, children or parents must bring a towel
- No armbands or flotation devices are allowed
- ALL jewellery must be removed before entering the water (we are not responsible if you lose it)
2a . Parent/child classes
- The accompanying parent and child must have a swimming costume
- For children swimming with their parents, a swimming cap or goggles are not required.
- The child who swims in the parent/child class MUST wear a double nappy: a disposable swim nappy (which can be bought in supermarkets) AND a washable neoprene nappy.
- We sell them for 15 CHF but you can also buy them in the shop. Indeed, the slightest accident leads to the total closure of the pool for a few days.
2b . Children swimming without parents
- Children must wear a swimming costume
- A cap is MANDATORY if the child has long hair and/or fringes that come over the eyes. This is important when the child starts to swim as without a cap, he/she will stop swimming to remove the hair from the eyes and therefore will not swim.
- Swimming goggles are optional for platypus, but we strongly recommend them so that the child is comfortable wearing them for higher levels. A good pair of goggles is a good investment to help your child progress. We recommend double-closure goggles, not scratch goggles. We sell goggles at the pool for 30 CHF.