Important Information Welcome to Red Whale Swim School!
We are very pleased that you are joining us this term.
Please take note of all this important information to ensure that swimming lessons run smoothly for you, your child and us!
To find out about lesson dates and times, please visit your family portal: https://red-whale.ud.io/account/login
At what time is your lesson ?
The schedule of the lesson can be seen at any time within your family portal. Do log in: https://red-whale.ud.io/account/login
CHAMBESY - GENEVA (from 5 months up to 5/6 years of age):
Clair Bois Chambésy, Chemin William-Barbey 20, 1292 Chambesy - ENTRANCE IS VIA the chemin de Chambesy - via the green gate - so not the main school entrance.
LAUSANNE - FLON (from 5 months old – all levels):
Aquamed Flon Lausanne, Voie du Chariot 4/6, 1003 Lausanne - ENTRANCE VIA PARKING ONLY STARTS AT 9am, for earlier classes, please come down the main stairs from the street.
More info about pools can be found here
1. Covid-19 Rules
Currently the Swiss Conseil Fédéral does not require a covid certificate to enter our facilities. However, should rules change during the Spring term, it will compulsory to follow these rules. Not complying to these rules will mean you cannot enter our facilities. If the government changes the requirements for entry to public spaces again, we will implement these new measures. There are no refunds or make-up courses if you cannot comply with the new regulations.
Masks are not compulsory in our facilities anymore either. However, should rules change, you will need to follow these new rules. There are no refunds or make-up courses if you cannot comply with the new regulations.
2. What to bring to the swimming lesson?
- ALL swimmers, children or parents must bring a towel
- No armbands or flotation devices are allowed
- ALL jewellery must be removed before entering the water (we are not responsible if you lose it)
2a . Parent/child classes
- The accompanying parent and child must have a swimming costume
- For children swimming with their parents, a swimming cap or goggles are not required.
- The child who swims in the parent/child class MUST wear a double nappy: a disposable swim nappy (which can be bought in supermarkets) AND a washable neoprene nappy.
- We sell them for 13 CHF (cash only) but you can also buy them in the shop. Indeed, the slightest accident leads to the total closure of the pool for a few days.
2b . Children swimming without parents
- Children must wear a swimming costume
- A cap is MANDATORY if the child has long hair and/or fringes that come over the eyes. This is important when the child starts to swim as without a cap, he/she will stop swimming to remove the hair from the eyes and therefore will not swim.
- Swimming goggles are optional for platypus, but we strongly recommend them so that the child is comfortable wearing them for higher levels. A good pair of goggles is a good investment to help your child progress. We recommend double-closure goggles, not scratch goggles.