LAUSANNE - FLON (WEEKENDS ONLY)
A warm, child friendly pool - lessons for children of 5 months old and above
The Winter 2022 term starts on the 15th January 2022 and finishes on the 10th April 2022.
There are no lessons on 26/27th February (school holidays).
This means there are 12 lessons in Winter 2022.
The full price of the term is 480 CHF (not including sibling discount).
Please create your customer account - Enrolments will be open on TUESDAY 7th DECEMBER at 8PM.
From Tuesday 7th December, you can log in to your account and choose your lessons time, according to the level of your children, and confirm and pay by credit card.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR WINTER 2022:
1. A covid certificate is required in all our pools. From January 2022 Red Whale will be implementing the 2G rule. This means that anyone needing a Covid certificate (currently 16+) will need to be either vaccinated or have a valid recovery. We will no longer accept tests for Covid certificates. If the government changes the requirements to enter public spaces again, we will enforce these new measures. There are no refunds or make-up lessons if you cannot comply with the new regulations.
2. Anyone 12 years and older is required to wear a mask correctly inside our facilities until further notice (age subject to change).
3. In case of cancellation of lessons due to closure of pool due to technical difficulties, there will be a life-long credit allocated to
your family account. There are no refunds nor make-up lessons offered, even if you do not return.
4. There are no make-up lessons or refunds in case of illness or absence. We cannot offer you another lesson or time during the term.
5. Once you choose your lesson, it cannot be changed after 1st January 2022, unless asked by teacher due to level adjustment.
There are no ad-hoc changes during term due to travel, or absence.
6. Only new children can cancel their lessons if cancellation happens maximum 24 hours after their first lesson.
7. From January 2022, in case of pool closure by governmental or cantonal decision or by pool operator due to Covid-19, a life-long credit of the missed lessons will be applied to your family account. The credit will be applied at the next term you register. There are no refunds nor make-up lessons, even if you leave Switzerland or decide not to enrol again.
We do not offer trial lessons but for new children, you can cancel 24 hours after the first lesson
and you will be reimbursed for the remainder of the lessons.
Classes last 30 or 40 minutes (according to the level) and are given in French & English.
2nd Child: 10% discount
3rd Child: 20% discount
4th child: 30% discount
Registration is by term. Each child has one lesson per week at the same time throughout the term.
Our pool is a teaching pool and we are only open during teaching hours.
LAUSANNE POOL (Aquamed FLON)
A perfect environment for babies and young children to learn how to swim!
A heated indoor pool with water temperature between 31 and 32°C.
Small classes (max 3 to 6 children, depending on age & level) with teachers in the water to ensure personal attention & maximum progression.
Lessons in French & English.
Parking: There is plenty of parking spaces at the Parking de Montbenon, which is 5 minute walk to the Aquamed Flon swimming pool. Please note that this parking is not free.
Public transport: The train station Lausanne Flon is two minutes away from the facilities. You can take the M1 or M2. Busses are: 18, 22 and 60.
Who can attend?
Any child from 5 months old and no upper age limit. Children of all abilities and experience are welcome.
Beginners are especially welcome.
Parents in the water?
For children between 5 months old and 3.5 years old, parents are with children in the water.
When children are ready to swim by themselves (normally between 2.5 - 4 years old), they become independent swimmers.
Parents wait in the waiting area where they can see their child swim. For parent and child lessons, it's only ONE parent in the water per lesson but you can change the parent each time.
How does it work?
Classes are held at the same time and on the same day once a week for the duration of the term. They will be with children of similar age/ability. Lessons are 30 minutes each. Lesson are given in French and English. We always demonstrate a skill to the children (rather than just tell them), so we can teach children with different language skills in the same class.
How we teach?
Our “demonstrate, encourage, applaud, repeat” philosophy is the difference between children developing skills in the water and resisting. It is critical that teachers are in the water, so they can instruct children with their actions as well as their voices. This also builds the child’s confidence to try new things and make significant breakthroughs. For our younger classes, we use a lot of singing and games to keep them smiling and engaged.
Why Red Whale is different?
We ONLY teach in warm water. We recognise that it is important for children to be comfortable during swimming lessons.
Our class sizes are relatively small (max 5 kids per teacher in unaccompanied lessons, and 6 in parent-child classes), and all of our teachers are always in the water to ensure that every child (or parent) receives personal attention.
Kids are in the water and active for the entire lesson.
We follow the teaching methodology widely used in countries like Australia, USA and the UK whereby the teachers will always demonstrate skills in the water, rather than give instructions from the side of the pool.
We create a comfortable and fun environment for children in a boutique setting.
If you want to see what other parents think about us, click here
More questions? Contact us by email.